Personal Data and Privacy Statement
1.1 This statement provides information on the policies of Imedeen Club under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486) of Hong Kong ("Ordinance”).
1.2 Terms used in this statement shall, unless otherwise specified, be construed in accordance with the Ordinance.
2. Purpose of collection of personal data
2.1 The provision of any personal data by you or on your behalf to Imedeen Club shall be voluntary and shall be deemed to authorize such members to collect, retain, update and use your personal data for the purpose of clause 2.2 below.
2.2 The personal data provided by you or on your behalf to Imedeen Club from time to time as well as all other personal data related to you collected and held by such member will be used for the following purposes:
(1) To process and administer your application to join Imedeen Club;
(2) Operating daily for provision of goods, facilities and services to you;
(3) Providing additional goods, facilities and services to you as they may arise from time to time;
(4) To fulfill requests submitted by you, whether online, over the phone, through our mobile services, or through other methods, such as gifts redemption;
(5) Conducting statistics and market research for the purpose of providing products or services to you
(6) For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on the latest offers and promotions in connection with Imedeen Club ’s co-branding / joint promotion business partners and for assessing eligibility for any marketing and/or promotional activities and/or offers from Imedeen Club’s co-branding / joint promotion business partners. (please see Section 8 - " Use of personal data in direct marketing " for details)
(7) To respond to, handle and process any enquires submitted by you;
(8) To administer contests and sweepstakes conducted by us or on our behalf, including disclosing the winner of any such contest;
(9) Updating and verifying your identity and other information in accordance with relevant laws;
(10) To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud, including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties);
(11) Comparing the personal data provided by you with your other information possessed from time to time by any other member of SIMS Trading Company Limited for verification purposes;
(12) Making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law;
(13) Achieving any other lawful purposes relating to any of the aforesaid purposes;
(14) Enforcing any legal or other rights of Imedeen Club may have against you; and
(15) To fulfill the above purposes, you may be contacted via email, direct mailing, telephone marketing, SMS or other means that are allowed by local authorities.
2.3 In the event that, in the opinion of Imedeen Club to which you provided personal data is insufficient or Imedeen Club is not satisfied that such data is true and accurate, Imedeen Club reserves the right to refuse to withhold process of your application or provision of any service to you unless and until the personal data required by Imedeen Club is provided.
2.4 For the purposes stipulated in clause 2.2 above, any employee of Imedeen Club or any person retained by Imedeen Club shall be entitled to inspect the personal data provided by you.
3. Use of personal data
Imedeen Club will ensure the confidentiality of collected personal data but may provide such information to the following parties (including parties within as well as outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Hong Kong”)) for the purpose of implementing the "purpose of collection of personal data” mentioned above:
(a) Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, or other services to Imedeen Club and Imedeen Club’s customers;
(b) Any agent authorized by Imedeen Club from time to time to process personal data of Imedeen Club’s customers;
(c) Any other members of Imedeen Club, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
(d) Auditors, consultants or legal adviser(s) of Imedeen Club, within as well as outside Hong Kong;
(e) Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to Imedeen Club; and
(f) Any of the actual or proposed assignees or transferees of Imedeen Club.
4. Duty of confidentiality
4.1 Imedeen Club shall exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure that the personal data provided by you shall be kept confidential and be placed in secure locations. Imedeen Club shall further exercise reasonable endeavours to ensure the integrity, prudence and competence of the persons who have access to such data.
4.2 In compliance with any law in Hong Kong, Imedeen Club may disclose the personal data provided by you to governmental authorities or other regulatory bodies or persons.
5. Special provisions for personal data held by Imedeen Club on the internet
5.1 By assessing Imedeen Club through its website ("Site”), you shall be deemed to agree to the terms and conditions in this statement.
5.2 All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by Imedeen Club from time to time through the Site is stored in secure and safe storage.
5.3 Imedeen Club may use "cookies” on the Site so as to:
(a) enable tighter security;
(b) enable you to complete the application process;
(c) personalize the Site for you; and
(d) build online profile for you.
5.4 You may disallow "cookies” at any time on your web browser.
6. Your rights
6.1 In the event that you have objections to any use of the personal data in accordance with clause 2 or any provision or disclosure of such data in accordance with clause 3 above, please inform Imedeen Club to which you provided your personal data in writing. The address of Imedeen Club is stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and us. Imedeen Club shall cease the use and/or provision or disclosure of such data upon confirmation of your request.
6.2 Unless you request Imedeen Club to dispose all personal data provided by you, you acknowledge that Imedeen Club shall retain all such personal data and may continue to deliver to you marketing information even after cancellation or withdrawal of your application for membership of Imedeen Club, expiry of the warranty period of any goods supplied or service provided by the Imedeen Club or completion of any sale of goods or provision of services by the Imedeen Club (as the case may be).
7. Access and correction request
7.1 You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data in accordance with the Ordinance.
7.2 In the event that you intend to correct any personal data, please inform the member of Imedeen Club to which you provided your personal data in writing so that such member shall be able to make the amendments accordingly.
7.3 Enquiries concerning the personal data collected, including access and corrections, should be addressed to the address stated in the relevant forms/contracts executed between you and the member of Imedeen Club or any other address from time to time stipulated by Imedeen Club.
7.4 In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Imedeen Club has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request. You agree to pay such fees.
8. Use of personal data in direct marketing
Imedeen Club intends to use a customer's personal data in direct marketing and may not so use the data unless Imedeen Club has received the customer's consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to such intended use. In this connection, please note that: -
(i) the name, contact details, products and services portfolio information, transaction pattern and behaviour, consumption preference, financial background and demographic data of the customer held by Imedeen Club from time to time may be used by Imedeen Club in direct marketing;
(ii) the following classes of goods, facilities, services, and other marketing subjects may be marketed by Imedeen Club, namely:
(a) club activities, members’ offers, gifts redemption, online shop, club news & update;
(b) reward, loyalty or privileges programs and related services and products;
(c) services and products offered by Imedeen Club’s co-branding / joint promotion business partners who provide the following classes of products, facilities or services (whether through direct mailing, email or SMS)：motor & motor service, traveling, hotel & catering, food & beverage, publications & media, sports, auction, group buying, transportation & logistics, insurance, entertainment, art & culture, agricultural products, telecommunications, electronic & electrical products, health & beauty, medical, personal care, wedding, finance & banking, credit card service, information technology, home furnishing, pets related, household, apparel & accessories, education, social networking, engineering, manufacturing, property/ real estate management, private club, professional service, shopping malls, energy, lubricant & petroleum (and side products), baby & child caring, planning & design, lab & R&D, jewelry & watches, environmental protection.
(d) donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
(iii) the above goods, facilities, services and marketing subjects may be provided or solicited by Imedeen Club and/or:
(a) any subsidiary, affiliate or associated company of SIMS Trading Company Limited;
(b) any third party goods and/or services provider;
(c) any third party reward, loyalty, co-branding or privileges programme provider; and
(d) any charitable organization;
(iv) in addition to marketing the above goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects by itself, Imedeen Club also intends to provide the above personal data to all or any of the persons described in sub-paragraph (iii) above for use by them or it in marketing those goods, facilities, services and other marketing subjects, and Imedeen Club may not so provide the data unless Imedeen Club has received the customer's written consent (which includes an indication of no objection) to the intended provision; and
If the customer does not wish Imedeen Club to use or provide to any other persons his personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, the customer may exercise his opt-out right by notifying Imedeen Club, in which event Imedeen Club must, without charge to the customer, cease to use or provide to other persons the customer's personal data for use in direct marketing.
The customer may provide his consent to Imedeen Club’s using or providing to other person his personal data for use in direct marketing as described above by notifying Imedeen Club's Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are set out below, or through such other channel which the customer may be advised of when providing personal data to Imedeen Club.
9. Data protection of Imedeen Club
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding Imedeen Club's privacy policies and practices and kinds of data held and for any other communications hereinabove described are to be addressed is as follows: -
P.O. Box No. 62199, Kwun Tong Post Office, Kowloon.
If there is any discrepancy between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail.